Powered by Max Banner Ads 

 Powered by Max Banner Ads 
Fire damages home | Preston Citizen

Fire damages home

February 21, 2012


Assistant editor

A house fire in the Dayton/ Linrose area Sunday evening caused approximately $25,000 damage to a rental unit. No one was injured.

Fire crews from Dayton and Preston responded to the call that came in at 4:53 p.m., according to Scott Martin, fire district fire marshal. He said three engines and 12 firefighters knocked down the blaze in approximately 20 minutes.

“The fire was caused by an electrical short in old wiring in the attic area,” said Martin. “We estimate there was approximately $25,000 in structural and smoke damage in the older house.”

The house was being rented by Chris Garrett, who was in the process of purchasing the structure. It is owned by John Fitzgerald.

 Powered by Max Banner Ads 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Ready Reference 2015

2015 Letters to Santa