BY CITIZEN STAFF
“Growing Older, Growing Wiser” is the theme for the 2012 Let’s Talk About It five-session series to be held at the Larsen-Sant Library. Sessions will be held on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. with books available for check out now.
A scholar, usually drawn from an area university, will discuss the book with those attending.
Reading selections by date, title and author are:
• Jan. 11, “Having Our Say” by Sarah L. and Elizabeth Delany with Amy Hill Hearth
• Jan. 18, “The Memory of Old Jack” by Wendell Berry
• Feb. 1, “Crossing to Safety” by Wallace Stegner
• Feb. 15, “Tuesday’s with Morrie” by Mitch Albom
• Feb. 29, “Balsamroot: A Memoir” by Mary Clearman Blew
Short vignettes about each book will be provided in The Citizen close to the date of the particular program.
The free program is funded by the Idaho Commission for Libraries, Idaho Humanities Council and USbancorp. Foundation.
And the annual “Great Reads for Girls” program is set to start up the first monthly session on Jan. 19, 2012. It is geared to young women ages 8 to 12, accompanied by their mother or a caring adult. Pre-registration is required.
All programs will be held on the third Thursday of each month beginning at 7 p.m. A book will be discussed, a craft completed, and refreshments served.
Dates and books for each session are:
• Jan. 19, “The Tale of Despereaux;”
• Feb. 16, “Diamond Willow;”
• March 15, “Princess Academy;”
• April 19, “Sarah Plain and Tall;”
• May 17, “Each Little Bird that Sings;”
June 21, “The Penderwicks.”
Books for both programs may be checked out now. For more information and to pre-register, call 852-0175.
Powered by Max Banner Ads