Powered by Max Banner Ads 

 Powered by Max Banner Ads 
Heaters may pose fire hazard | Preston Citizen

Heaters may pose fire hazard

October 22, 2011
By

By ROBERT S. MERRILL

Assistant editor

 

Franklin County Fire District Marshal Scott Martin is warning people about overloading electrical circuits, especially in older homes this time of year, when electric heaters are starting to be used.

He said in many of these residences, the wiring just can’t handle the demands of electrical space heaters, appliances and other devices.

“People also need to make sure they are careful with electric and propane heaters. If residents notice fuses being tripped by electric heater use, they should unplug the device and contact an electrician immediately,” he said. “We really haven’t had too much cold weather yet, so potential problems may not have surfaced. But colder weather is on the way.”

See entire story in next week’s print edition of The Preston Citizen.


 Powered by Max Banner Ads 
Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to School