Powered by Max Banner Ads 

 Powered by Max Banner Ads 
Carbon monoxide precautions | Preston Citizen

Carbon monoxide precautions

March 4, 2014
By

By ROBERT MERRILL 

Assistant editor

Franklin County Fire Marshal Scott Martin said area residents need to have working carbon monoxide detectors in their homes and workshops.

WILLOW VALLEY 5X7.5

And now is the time, with the pending change to Daylight Savings Time, to change batteries in these units if that hasn’t already been done, he said.

He said a good reminder of the importance of carbon monoxide detectors is the tragic, recent deaths of four members of a family from Pocatello.

A husband, wife and two children died from carbon monoxide poisoning on Feb. 23, in their Pocatello home. Bannock County officials said there were no carbon monoxide detectors in the home.

Carbon monoxide detectors are a necessity in every house.

Carbon monoxide detectors are a necessity in every house.

Officials said it appears a malfunction in the exhaust vent of a water heater caused the buildup of carbon monoxide in the house.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless, tasteless and invisible gas. Each carbon monoxide molecule is composed of a single carbon atom bonded to a single oxygen atom. Carbon monoxide results from the incomplete combustion of fossil fuels, such as natural gas, propane, wood, kerosene, gasoline, oil and charcoal, Martin explained.

This story is sponsored by Willow Valley Urgent Care Clinic.

For the full story subscribe to The Preston Citizen: in print or online.


 Powered by Max Banner Ads 
Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Winter Sports