By ROBERT S. MERRILL
Municipal elections across Franklin County will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 5, and absentee balloting is on-going.
County elections clerk Camille Larsen said those who will not be available to vote on Nov. 5 at precinct locations can contact the clerk’s office to vote absentee through Nov. 1.
Residents of the respective towns can register at the polls the day of the election. All those who wish to vote must bring a driver’s license with them, she said. County clerks across Idaho are now in charge of all elections in their respective counties.
Offices up for election include:
• Preston – two council positions currently held by Travis Kunz and Todd Thomas. LeRoy Chaney, Sr. is challenging the incumbents. The two candidates who receive the most votes will be seated for a four-year term.
• Franklin – the mayor’s post and three council positions. The mayor is J. Todd Hawkes. Hawkes is being challenged by Robert J. Atkinson.
Denis Jepsen, Mark Dietrich and Glen Seamons are challenging Joyce Bayles and Emily Chatterton for four-year posts. Stanton Smith is being opposed by Bryce Wood for a two-year position.
• Weston – the mayor’s post and four council positions. Layne Harris is running for mayor. Van Woodward and Camille Larsen are running for four-year positions. Ben Gittins is running for a two-year post, as well as Joshua Roberts (write-in).
• Dayton – the mayor’s post and two council positions. Aaron Beutler is running for mayor. Clinton Dunn, Michael Thompson and Zon Alder are running for the council.
• Clifton – the mayor’s post and three council positions. John Gailey is running for mayor. Lucas Mumford and Tristan Geddes are running for four-year posts. Jill Kearl is running for a two-year position.
• Oxford – two council positions. Phyllis Murphy and Claire Hatch are running.
All polls will be open from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. on Election Day.
Residents of Preston will vote at their normal precinct locations, which include Oakwood Elementary School, American Legion Hall, Larsen- Sant Library, Whitney LDS Church and Elks Lodge.
Clifton residents vote at the Community Center. Oxford residents vote at the Clifton Community Center, as well. Dayton residents vote at the West Side High School Library. Weston residents vote at the Weston LDS Church. Franklin residents vote at the Franklin City Building.
This story is sponsored by LaMont Automotive.
For the full story subscribe to The Preston Citizen: in print or online.
Powered by Max Banner Ads