By RODNEY D. BOAM
A king-size, pieced, Christmas quilt was recently donated to the Festival of Lights Committee for a raffle to help raise needed funds.
The raffle is currently underway for the quilt. It is being displayed in the Dish Wholesale store at 34 S. State. Tickets are $1 each or six tickets for $5. The raffle will continue through the festival and Christmas season and the winner will be announced the week before Christmas.
The Preston Festival of Lights Committee set some goals they hope will enhance the winter-time activity and are seeking donations to kick start their efforts.
The goals they set in a recent board meeting are:
• Relighting all the decorations in the City Park with LED bulbs that will last seven-plus years.
• Expanding park decorations significantly with additional figurines, displays, lights on city structures and tree lights, all with LED lights.
• Lighting the trees along State Street with 300-plus LED lights per tree
• Enlarging the size of the lighted parade and just doing it one night with 30-40 floats, fireworks, and music
• Updating and maintaining the Festival website with current information, sponsors and a map of light displays around the community.
• Reinstating the residential decorating contest
• Encouraging all State Street businesses to decorate their storefront for the Festival weekend and holiday season.
• Continuing the traditions of the candlelight banquet and silent auction, kids parade and free movie and the bed race.
This story is sponsored by The Preston Citizen Subscription Offer.
For the full story subscribe to The Preston Citizen: in print or online.
Powered by Max Banner Ads