Powered by Max Banner Ads 

 Powered by Max Banner Ads 
Fires keep crews hopping | Preston Citizen

Fires keep crews hopping

July 18, 2013
By

By ROBERT S. MERRILL 

Assistant editor

FRANKLIN – A fire Saturday afternoon caused by an electrical short in an air compressor destroyed a tool/ storage shed in Franklin.

The shed was owned by Jeremiah King and was located at 200 E. 100 N. in Franklin, according to Scott Martin, Franklin County Fire Marshal.

It contained storage items, tools and equipment, he said.

DEER CLIFF 2x3.5 7-2013

The call came in at 12:16 p.m. and firefighters with two engines knocked the blaze down in 20 minutes. However, the structure and contents were a complete loss. Damage was estimated at $30,000, Martin continued.

“We were able to save an adjacent outbuilding and kept the fire from spreading to the house in front of the shed,” said Martin.

Fire crews responded to two additional fires on Sunday. The first call came in at 7:03 a.m. and was also in the Franklin area at 3538 Parkinson Road. A haystack, owned by Troy Hobbs, was smoldering, said Martin.

“There were no visible flames. We stood by with two engines and eight firefighters while the smoldering, 1500-pound bales were separated from the rest of the stack. In all, about 25 bales were destroyed,” he said.

Another call came in approximately 5 p.m. near Foster Reservoir, northeast of Preston. Lightening apparently had struck a tree and caused a small fire.

Martin said firefighters responded with three brush trucks and quickly put out the fire. There was no damage, he said.

This story is sponsored by Deer Cliff Inn.

 


 Powered by Max Banner Ads 
Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Winter Sports